YouTube Video Downloader (youtube-dl.exe)
UPDATED for youtube-dl.exe 2011.10.19 and Youtube-Downloader GUI 184.108.40.206
YouTube video downloader is a windows standalone version of famous youtube-dl.py script. It doesn’t need a python installation. youtube-dl.exe allows downloading of Videos from YouTube in different formats. This tool is basically youtube-dl for windows.
YouTube Video Downloader 220.127.116.11 (2011.10.19) (5.6 MiB, 19,441 hits)
YouTube Video Downloader GUI and youtube-dl.exe version 2011.10.19
youtube-dl.exe 2011.10.19 (3.8 MiB, 6,235 hits)
Windows standalone version of youtube-dl.py (2011.10.19). This contained only a command line version of the script as windows executable. Suitable only for advanced users.
SUPPORTED SITES [Only youtube-dl.exe]
- YouTube.com playlists (playlist URLs in “view_play_list” form).
- YouTube.com searches, using the special keyword “ytsearch” as a form of URL, as in “ytsearch:cute kittens”. Do not forget the quotes if you want to include spaces in your search. Other variants are “ytsearchN” to download more than the first result, with N being a number, and “ytsearchall”.
- YouTube.com user videos, using user page URLs or the specifc “ytuser” keyword.
- Google Video.
- Google Video searches (“gvsearch” keyword).
- Photobucket videos.
- Yahoo! video.
- Yahoo! video searches (“ybsearch” keyword).
- The Daily Show / Colbert Nation.
- The Escapist.
- A generic downloader that works in some sites.
The program is usually invoked as youtube-dl followed by options and the video URLs. Listing all the options here would make this text too long, so you can run youtube-dl –help and get a summary of them. From that point on you can start experimenting with the different options yourself. The most common ones are -t (or -l) to include the video title in the file name, and either -f or -b to download a high quality version of the video. Also, the -o option can specify the output file name and path. It allows special character sequences that can be used as templates to be replaced.
A BRIEF HISTORY
My friend Janny found it’s bit tough to run youtube-dl.py in windows. She asked me some help to install and configure. Finally I made a standalone windows executable out of this python script. Later, another friend Vijoy asked me to provide a simple GUI. Right now I’m working on an update for the GUI, with more options.
If you like my softwares and you find them useful, then consider buying me a Coffee.
YouTube-dl GUI-1.5.1 SOURCE (554.7 KiB, 1,880 hits)
YouTube-dl GUI 1.5.1 SOURCE